...here are our favorite recipes here at carestockroom.
This week the carestockroom family took a bit of time out from stocking up the website to enjoy National Chocolate Cake Day. From delicious chocolate cup cakes to a traditional Swedish Kladdkaka we took a well earned break to have a chat over cake and tea to discuss our favourite chocolate cake recipes which we've shared below.
A little something different from Alix Traeger at Tasty
1.Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until the mixture is pale yellow in color.
3. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
4. Fold until incorporated.
5. Mix in the butter and vanilla.
6. Grease a pan with butter and sprinkle cocoa powder to coat.
7. Pour in batter and smooth out. Batter will be very thick
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top has hardened. The center should still be soft.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
10. Add berries (optional).
For when we don’t have much time to bake…
1. Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
2. Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
3. Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
5. Frost cake with chocolate buttercream frosting
For that special desert…
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt together chocolate and butter.
3. Add eggs and sugar together in a large bowl.
4. Whisk until combined. Add in flour, whisk until combined.
5. Slowly combine chocolate mixture with egg mixture.
6. Combine well.
7. Butter and sugar individual ramekins.
8. Pour chocolate into individual ramekins, filling 3/4 of the dish.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until just done.
10. If mixing sizes of ramekins, be sure to remove the smaller ramekins earlier than larger ones.
11. The outside of the chocolate melting cake should be firm and the inside should have melted chocolate.
12. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or your favourite vanilla sauce.
What are your favourite chocolate cake recipes?